Furnace Repair: Furnace Producing No Heat
The most obvious sign you need furnace repair is when your furnace stops producing heat. When the Michigan winter is rearing its ugly head, the last thing you want is to go without heat. There are a number of reasons why a furnace may stop producing heat - some of which can be an easy fix for the professionals at climate tech.
Possible Causes of the Failure
- Thermostat set too low and no calling for heat
- Thermostat not working
- Circuit breaker or fuse controlling the furnace is tripped or blown
- Natural gas or propane control valve is closed
- Pilot light is out
Possible Furnace Repairs
- Check that thermostat is in heat mode and has appropriate temperature setting
- Try moving dial setting up or down a few degrees
- Clean contacts in thermostat if it is a non-digital type
- Reset tripped circuit breaker
- Replace blown fuse
- Relight pilot light
If you're having trouble with any of these troubleshooting techniques, remember that Climate-Tech is only a phone call away. We've been providing quality furnace repairs and maintenance in Belleville, Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti and the surrounding communities since 1986. We're confident that we'll be able to provide you with the furnace repair services you need and we offer free second opinions in case you've already called another company. To schedule an appointment or to speak with one of our staff, call us at 734.482.4485 or contact us here.